Thursday, August 30, 2012

Firsts

Tonight is my first night in my dorm room.

I moved in yesterday but was lucky enough to come home for Jason Mraz's concert with my brother, his friend, and my friend. Row D! a,b,c,D!! It was amazing in case you were wondering. Christina Perri opened and she was great too, just by the way. 

However now I'm back to my dorm room laying on top of my bed. Being under the covers, or even just the sheets, would cause any creature, cold or warm blooded, to die of heat.  I came back with some things I forgot at home, but obviously, I still forgot some.  The worst part is though, I forgot the most important thing of all at home.  No, not my phone or my computer or chargers. Not my bike or batteries or funk night clothes. Actually, that stuff was forgotten, but is in no way important. I forgot my nunnies. In other words, I forgot my safety blankets.  (I really hate that term: "safety blanket".  I find it appalling. It's not like I don't feel safe without them, but they are mine and they should be here for my first night at college! It's just wrong without them! Almost everyone has one, and if they don't they have a safety blanket equivalent, so why is "safety blanket" the accepted term if it is just a blanket to everyone else?) 

So tonight is a night of firsts.  It is my first night at college, in my dorm room, on my dorm bed, across from two bathrooms-- college.  It is also my first night for as long as I can remember without my nunnies, which is the worst.  

Oh and it is my first night at college without Sugar. I miss sleeping with my puppy. She is like the living nunnie!

My advice to you: Double check your suitcase, duffel bag, or back pack. Otherwise, you may forget something you really don't want to, and you may really regret it.  Oh and make accurate lists.  Nunnies were not included in mine (I thought it went without saying to bring them).

That's all for my dorm adventures of the night.  Maybe it'll get more interesting, maybe I'll like it more.  For now, it's really just college, and I really just want my nunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment