Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The End of Your Comfort Zone

Every day I tell my roommate that I want to quit school and travel the world.  Everyday she laughs and says, "I know".  It isn't always that I don't like a class or am stressed or anything.  Usually I would just rather be off in Africa on some Safari.  Or seeing a play at the Globe.  Or swimming the Great Barrier Reef.  Or climbing the Great Wall of China.  One day I want to go to every continent.  (So far I've been to five out of seven so if you feel like donating to the cause I wouldn't say no.) After that I'll hit up every country.  Sometime I'll even make it to every state. (That one shouldn't be too hard, right?) 

I have a friend with a tattoo of the map of the entire world on his arm.  Well, minus Antarctica.  Every time he goes somewhere he marks it on the map just like I mark the map on my wall.  He has been to so many places that I can only imagine going to.  Today I talked to him all about the at least five different places he plans to go in the upcoming year.  Let me tell you... wow!  He has it all figured out.  He says that they are all just ideas, but how many people have done great things without just an idea? Yeah.  That's what I thought.

I'm on my way, but I'm definitely nowhere near there yet.  And guess what?! I don't care!  That's half the fun!  I get to spend my time thinking and planning and dreaming of all the adventures I will make sure that I have.  I'm so excited!  

I just felt like I needed to share that with you all today.  Go travel and see the world.  You'll be better off for it.  Trust me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment