Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Barcelona Day 1


First day in Barcelona! What what!  
Yesterday morning I left at around 10:30 for my 12:10 flight with my brother. I took a go at TSA security, and failed.  So laptops are not listed on any of the reminder signs to take out but apparently its expected you do that anyways.  My bad.  Then I looked at where my flight was boarding, saw it was boarding right then, and airport hustled to my gate.  Then I waited for my zone to be called and went aboard.  I sat next to a pilot with a mustache who fell snoringly asleep almost instantly.  Then I had my layover in Atlanta and went aboard the next flight.  I sat down and the man next to me was a little chatty kathy.  We talked for a long while.  He was really very nice, but I just wanted him to be little quieter. My movie monitor was broken so I didn’t have that for most of the flight, but oh well.
Then I landed in Barcelona, went through integration, went through customs, and found my group at the Jamaica coffee bar.  We waited and then took taxis to the hotel where I was told my roommate was already in.  She is great! Yay!  I walked upstairs, set my stuff down, and then went out with her and a few other people to find the Parque Güell.  Beautiful!  Then we walked to a restaurant, La Taulla, and ate tapas and tried not to fall asleep.  The girl next to me ordered a glass of Sangria so the owner of the restaurant decided that he would have to make us all some, so he brought a big tub of it and set it on the table.  Classy stuff.  Then we came back to the hotel and had our first class with FN, which took 4 hours.  Wow baby trying to stay awake for that. nuh uh.  Then we went to dinner, and now I am back. Ready to shower and go to sleep to get up early to have class and tour a winery.  
Sorry this post isn’t super amazing.  I’m exhausted and just trying to get it written.  Keep watching for more Barcelona and then Paris! Ahh

No comments:

Post a Comment