Monday, September 3, 2012

93 Million Miles... Or Maybe Just 33

So last night my amazing friend M came up (it's really down, but who says "came down"?) with her family to visit her sister L.  They so graciously offered to take me to the Olive Garden, and I, being a college student, had to accept any offers for good food.  

Then I fought back and forth about whether or not I should stop home for the night and stay until today. I decided to, then not to, then last second to again. If anything I wanted to see my friend L who was back from college for Labor Day, and I wanted to experience Arts Beats and Eats!  I only ended up seeing my friend, who cares if my old Klezmer band was playing? She is more important.  

But of course, anytime you do something in college, someone has an opinion about it.  I cannot tell you how many text messages, phone calls, and advice conversations I found myself in.  "I can't believe you went home the first weekend!" "You have to stay and get acclimated!" "Do you even know where your classes are?"  Anytime someone said something I just wanted to smack them.  I know they are just trying to be helpful, but come on, all I wanted to do was come home! Is that such a crime?

After getting home I went to talked with my mommy and daddy for a while, had the little amount of laundry I had to bring home washed, and watched the Great Escape at my cousin Z's house with her friend A/Z.  Interesting show I must say.  After returning home, I went to bed and began reading my first college assignment ever: Hamlet!  
I was extremely excited because I read Hamlet my Senior year of High School in my Norty with one of my favorite teachers of all time! Mrs. T definitely taught about the poor questioning boy very well, so I feel very prepared.  Hell yeah! I'm ahead of the game!

Today I woke up and went next door to my aunt and uncles house.  The greeting from my little cousin S was perfect! She ran up and gave me the biggest hug ever and about a 50 kisses on the cheek.  My other cousins apparently didn't know I had left.  Then I went back home, chilled with L, went to Rite Aid with my mom, and back to my aunt and uncles.  They had a bunch of people over so it was a lot of fun.  Then I drove back here, to college! Ahh! I'm still in shock that I'm here.

After moving some more clothes and other crap in, I went to a free showing of Casablanca, which was great, and had a cheese and cracker party in my friend C's dorm room.  Very classy if I do say so myself. Now I'm in bed thinking about starting classes tomorrow.  It is crazy weird to think that I am going to college classes at 9 in the morning TOMORROW!?  How on Earth did that happen? I guess I should go to sleep so that I can be all fresh for the morning. 

Good night all!  Good luck to anyone starting classes tomorrow! 

P.S.  The title of this post refers to my traveling the 33 miles home and the lyrics in Jason Mraz's song 93 Million Miles, "you can always come back home".  If you haven't heard it, listen because it's great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment