Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Norty the Nordster

Those of you in 2011-2012 APLit probably got very excited by this posts title, however, I have a new Norty to love and to hold.  I bring him with me every week to class and many other places as well.  He's very large and extremely old fashioned in his ways.  His name, you might ask, is the Riverside Shakespeare Second Edition.  So far he is in every way a lesser human being and book than Norton, but I am trying to work with what I've got.

Riverside isn't the only huge change in my life though.  

Professor EB (I've been told that the letters are confusing, but it's too late to change now.  Sorry.) is in no way similar to Mrs. T.  First off, I'd like to describe him as looking like a mix between a rather large toad and the Sicilian from the Princess Bride. I know! Inconceivable!  He even talks like him, as he is from Italy (I think).  Although he did say something about chutzpah, so who really knows.  He also spits when he speaks, especially when he dramatically exclaims lines from some of Hamlet's best soliloquies.  Honestly though, he is great.  I think he knows every line from every work of William Shakespeare.  He likes to reread sections aloud, but only very, very dramatically.  I'm saying this all after one class, so I don't know how accurate this will be later, but I think I'll really like him.

Also, I expect that after this class I will feel very close to Mr. William Shakespeare, so I plan to switch to calling him Will. I'm extremely excited for that day.  I know that is sort of weird, but hey! A girl's got to look forward to something, doesn't she?

Oh! Please post ideas for good songs to sing at an a cappella audition! I've never sung for other people before and I'm extremely nervous.  Everyone cross your fingers and toes that I get in!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Hanah, I feel like I am in your dorm right next to you...only if you'll have me. Trust me it gets better everyday!

    ReplyDelete