Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's Official

It's official.  I'm a college student. 

I had my first college class today, which was crazy intense.  I think I might actually die in my Intensive Spanish 1 Lecture.  It's crazy! I did buy Harry Potter in Spanish hoping it would help me learn with something I like to read. Maybe it'll work. However, I think I'll probably learn the material, which is good.  I do, however, like my Spanish Discussion right after.  It should be a lot of fun.  But hearing "make a circle!" in Dennison 216 rather than Berkley 121 is a sad, sad thing.  It made me feel very homesick for BHS, which was something I never thought I'd say.  No offense to Berkley. After hearing my course load for just one class, though, no matter how any times you hear Mr. P say "welcome to Berkley University!", high school will never be college.  Oy to the vey. 

After class I walked down the drizzly streets of A^2 with my friend N from home, and two new friends A and J.  We went and got our green books (environmentally friendly blue books) and course packs for Español.  [If I'm writing in a green book, which is like a blue book, for class, does that mean I can step on that blasted M everyone keeps pulling me away from?] Then we went to lunch and I got french toast instead of french fries by accident.  Who puts french toast next to chicken anyways? After, I went back to my room to read some Hamlet and start my Spanish, but instead I fell asleep.  Figures.  I couldn't sleep last night; I must've had to catch up.  Nerves? Heat? Who knows?  Oh! Then I found my way to UHS!  All on my own! It was great!  I turned in the form I was supposed to submit 30 days before class started (oops), and then I headed back to my room.  Eventually I went and met some friends at Mo-jo with my roommate L.  The food there was pretty good so that's good to know for future hungry excursions.  I also had  a hall meeting tonight which took me 15 minutes to get to (I got lost in my own dorm.).  In case you didn't know, if guys go into the girls bathroom they could be put onto the sex offenders list.  So don't do that. Also, it is dangerous to have snowball fights between dorms.  So don't do that either. I was unaware of these facts, so of course I am thankful for our little suare.   When our RAs asked us what we expected from each other and our dorm, we only had one glaring expectation.  As a hall, all of us girls expect toilet paper in the many bathrooms we have access to.  So far, starting last night and continuing on today, that expectation has not been met.  Gross. At a certain point, you can't even spare a square.  

Oh! I also was priveleged enough to skype with the beautiful and amazing AGS tonight! A long overdue chat that was absolutely perfect!  

What is the main idea of this post? I don't really know, but it was kinda interesting to read right?  At least I'm somewhat entertaining.  Better than checking your facebook newsfeed and twitter timeline a million times with no change.

Oh! And always remember: "Hit the ground running!"

No comments:

Post a Comment